Most issues that affect individuals also affect their relationships or lack thereof. My specialty in human connections has proven effective in helping individuals experience well-being. When seeking individual therapy, some people come in knowing what they want to work on, and others know they want a change and need help discovering exactly what to focus on.
I specialize in working with individuals who:
- want to be in a committed relationship but who find it hard to stay when the going gets rough
- know their relationship needs work but whose partner isn’t ready or willing to come in
- are in couples therapy and need to work separately on their individual issues that arise during the couples work
- after separation or divorce don’t want to re-create the same patterns that led to the break-up
- lose themselves in relationships because they care about others too much
- need to clarify and then communicate what they want and expect from others
- need to evaluate and then upgrade coping strategies that get in the way of creating and sustaining quality connections with others
- are partners of addicts/alcoholics
You don’t have to do it alone…with individual counseling, it is important for each of us to know when and how to take that courageous first step and ask for help. Securing your future well-being is worth professional assistance.
Anxiety and Depression
Some people experience anxiety or depression, and many others vacillate between the two. Learning to manage the symptoms with lifestyle changes while working with me to uncover underlying issues that perpetuate suffering can help you create change. For those on medication, research has shown that the combination of medication and talk therapy results in the best treatment outcomes.
Life Issues I Treat
Being single, Dating, Divorce recovery, Other relationship issues, Grief, Anxiety, Depression, Loneliness, Boundaries, Facing difficult decisions, Low self-esteem, Communication, Family of origin issues, Co-dependency, Self-defeating patterns, Work stress, Life transitions, Personal growth, Professionals needing support, Addiction, Living sober, 12-Step, Substance abuse recovery.
(Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)